Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"Shoeless Joe & Me" by Dan Gutman

In this story the main character, Joe Stoshack, has a special power to go back into time using baseball cards. In This Adventure, he goes back into time to meet Shoeless Joe. All this takes place in the city of Boston in the 1940’s. The Genre of this book is a Sport adventure Genre. It is mainly about baseball, and he’s always on a great adventure. If you want to know what happens in this story, you should really read his book.

There were a couple of strengths and weaknesses in this story. Some Strengths were that it was always exciting and often thrilling. It also gives you some fun information about what truly happened to the character (Shoeless Joe). It also gives you some cool tips on how to play baseball. The Weaknesses were that sometimes it is hard to understand what happens and how it happened.

I think that if you are an athletic person and a person you seeks action books this is the right book for you. I think that this is one of the best books I’ve read so far.

Mike


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book sounds interesting. well maybe its because when i was 9 years old or something a liked to read books that has something to do with a time mechine or something about past and future. And i'm pretty active and it's fun for me to play baseball, so this book might attract my attention because of those reasons. And i might want to read it because i might want to learn more about baseball.

Alex.C

Anonymous said...

I think that review is quite good because it make me want to read the book right now. Personally, I like baseball so this book might be good for me. The last paragraph is good because it gives you an advice that, what kind of person should read it.

Bewer

Anonymous said...

It's hard to play baseball in Korea so basball is bit unfamiliar to me but after reading a review of this book, I want to know more about baseball. So reading kinds of this book will be good experience for me
Lawrence

Anonymous said...

The book review is quite good, but he needs to tell some examples of 'exciting and thrilling' parts to tell how the content is facinating.

Byoung min

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a very interesting book because I really enjoy playing sports, especiallly baseball. The plot of the story sounds really good also. I do not know a lot about the history of baseball or famous players so that is another reason why it is a good book for me. There seems to be more strengths than weaknesses in this book which is good. I am eager to read it.

Brennan M!!!

Anonymous said...

I play baseball and like it alot, I'm ok at the sport, now I might try reading the book, it seems good, so why not take a chance. Lawrence I'm half korean too, and I know what you mean why korea is unfamilliar with baseball

Ryan