Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"The Recruit" by Robert Muchamore

James is a boy that has trouble staying out of trouble. He lives with his half sister and mother, who make a living from shoplifting. When his mother dies he goes away to a boarding school and is asked by Cherub, a secret organization of agents who are kids, to join their organization. He agrees to join them and has to undergo intense training and face one of his greatest fears in order to become a ‘Cherub’. Lauren, his sister, also comes to live at Cherub because she wants to live with James. James goes on a mission where he has to live with a bunch of people he doesn’t know, pretend he is someone else, and try to figure out what a terrorist group called Help Earth is planning to do.

I think that this was a fun book to read. It doesn’t have much meaning in it but it makes you want to keep on reading because it is so suspenseful. Anyone who likes action books will definitely enjoy reading this book. It also has a lot of twists and turns in it that makes it even more fun to read. I enjoyed reading this book but got annoyed at James because he makes a lot of stupid decisions.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book seems really interesting to me. Main character James was troublemaker but he could be a secret agent name 'Cherub' and try to figure out about terrorist and it looks so good. I want to be a secret agent like him. Also book review saids he makes maany wrong decisions so it must be thrilling.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!hi dr.e :)
Hehe well here goes....
OO soo, this book sounds like TOTALLY RAD because you know, kids who become spies are like totally "all that". It sounds super interesting because these books are always like all suspenseful and mysterious and are totallly like "must finish reading and can't put the book down" books. Thanks for the great review! It sounds completely like AWESOME!

courtesy of : Anna Meh NAncy and Friend

Anonymous said...

My friend read this book, and she reccommend this book to action book lovers, like me. She described it as exciting and interesting. I like how you said that the book has alot of twists and turns, so it should be fun.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

ok...that was sort of wierd...(the last comment)hahahahahahaha
by Anish

Anonymous said...

The review that this person wrote made me really want to read this book. It looks good and sounds really fun to read. I really want to read this book.

Anonymous said...

Well, this book review is quite wierd compared to other reviews because it is very simple and unrealistic. How could a troublmaker become a secret agent? I think he should tell the process.

Byoung min

Anonymous said...

After reading the review, I think that this would be a good book to read. However I think that the author could have explained more about the story. Also I agree with Byoung Min. This review is different from the other reviews I read.
Ina

Anonymous said...

I think this book sounds really interesting. I would like to know how a kid with criminal parents feels like. I like suspense and action books, so I think I would enjoy reading this book. However, I don't really like books when the character makes a lot of stupid decisions. It is frustrating.
I think this is a good review because it gives you a little bit of the background but doesn't give away too much

Mil

Anonymous said...

the title of the book didnt exactly catch my eye but after reading the review it sounded pretty good and just like a movie i've seen