Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"Anne Of Green Gables" by L.M Montgomery


This story is about Anne Shirley, an amusingly imaginative and bright little girl who is an orphan, who is adopted by a stubborn woman named Marilla Cuthbert. Eventually Anne comes to live at a place where everyone dislikes her because of her wild imagination--a rare feature for a woman.
I believe that this book is really good but as they say, nothing can be perfect, “Anne of Green gables” did have some weaknesses. One of the main weaknesses in this book was the two pages long chattering of a little girl called Anne Shirley. It does get boring when the dialogue gets long so I would recommend the author to change her ‘superbly long’ passages to something short and interesting. I am very sure that this book has wild imagination in it and it grasps the reader’s attention despite the long paragraphs of details. Personally, I love reading this book as many times as I want. This book symbolizes me with wild imagination and endless talking. Readers who love to go into detail about how a place looked or how something felt to someone would love to read such books.

Shushmita

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this book not to long ago, and I have to say that I really liked it. It wasn't like any book that I've ever read before(which is a good thing), but I agree that when Anne Shirley gets carried away with her talking it could get boring. The movie made on this book is really good. If you haven't seen it yet, you should watch it!

~Jacki

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to read this book and this review encouraged me to read it. I have just watched TV program about Anne and it really indulged me so sooner or later I will read it.

Mina

Anonymous said...

I read this book when I was younger and I thought that it was alright. I found that it was kind of a boring read. I think that the author's plot was good but it lacked action. I read it again this summer and I found that the books when Anne was older are more interesting. I would recommend this book if you like historical books or if you have nothing else to read. This review was good but I don't think any good review could make you really want to read this book...I know that it's a classic but it's not as good as others.

Mary Margaret

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mina. The review made me want to read the book. It sounds interesting and I'm curious to see what happens to the little girl called Anne Shirley.
Ina

Anonymous said...

I read about half the book, but then I got bored and stopped because I didn't really enjoy it. The story's sweet and simple, so I would say it's a good classic, but not colorful enough to always be engaging.

Gigi S